Who said vegetables have to be bland and boring? This Roasted Indian Cauliflower Vegetable Medley has a kick and makes a unique side dish or snack. Add some chicken and it becomes a main meal. I make and prep a variation of roasted vegetables every Sunday (See my post on Roasted Vegetables – My Secret Way to Stay Trim).
Prepping on Sunday helps me choose wisely during the week if I already have them in the refrigerator ready to go. Often times I will make this Roasted Indian Cauliflower Vegetable Medley when I’m tired of the Balsamic Roasted Vegetables or the Spicy Roasted Vegetables. It’s good to mix things up now and then. It is on the spicy side, so feel free to leave out the jalapeño and cayenne if you don’t like too much heat.
This Indian Cauliflower Vegetable Medley recipe is really just a version of my Indian Chicken Cauliflower Wrap. For this version, I added the red onion to the roasting pan instead of adding them raw in the wrap. Feel free to throw in other vegetables as well. I love the potatoes in here but don’t want all of the points and calories, so I only use one potato but you could definitely add more. It’s also great topped with my Jalapeño Cream and my Tomatillo Green Salsa.
Roasted Indian Cauliflower Vegetable Medley
- 32 oz. cauliflower chopped into small florets (1 big head or you can buy cauliflower florets)
- 1/2 jalapeño finely chopped (optional)
- 1 potato diced (about 7 oz)
- 1 c. frozen peas or fresh peas
- 3 T. sesame oil but you can substitute olive, or vegetable oil
- 1 T. ground turmeric
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 1 t. coriander
- 1 T. kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 t. fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper optional
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine oil, turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt, minced garlic, ginger, and cayenne. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, combine: cauliflower, jalapeno, potato, and peas. Add in oil mixture with spices and combine well so cauliflower is coated.
- Spoon mixture into a non stick 9 x 13 baking dish (or spray baking dish with oil). Bake for about 15 minutes, then stir. Bake for another 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and tender.
- Serve in bowls as a snack. Top with Tomatillo Green Salsa if desired.