These spicy roasted vegetables are so easy to make, take little time and keep you full all day! This is my “Go to,” snack of choice. You can experiment and add your own vegetables and spices. I make up a big batch on Sundays to have them throughout the week. You can also vary up the vegetables depending on what is in season. If you don’t like them spicy, leave out the chipotle seasoning and jalapeño. I eat them alone as snacks, add them to salads along with some chicken for protein, and also use them on homemade pizza or as a stand alone side dish for dinner. They also go great with 1 T. of my homemade Hoisin Sauce.
I like to divide these into containers for the week. I label and date them.
Spicy Roasted Vegetables
- 2 pkg baby carrots whole
- 1 large onion-cut into chunks I use red or sweet
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves-whole see note at bottom
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 c. green beans fresh
- 1 zucchini
- 8-16 oz mushrooms I love mushrooms, so I use a lot
- 1-2 T. olive oil(depending on how many vegetables you use try it first with one but add more if needed
- 1 T. chipotle seasoning or whatever seasoning you would like
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl (or do it often right in roasting pan) combine all the vegetables, olive oil and spices. Mix well.
- Place vegetable mixture in a large non-stick roasting pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir well.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes until carrots are tender when poked with a fork.
- To make things easier when I need a lot of garlic cloves, I buy it in bulk already peeled from Costco. It's so easy to just toss in a handful of garlic cloves into the roasting pan. Don't worry that it will be too garlicky. The garlic mellows when roasted.