This easy, tangy, fresh healthy Cilantro Lime Yogurt Aioli is great just about over everything. I particularly love it with my Oven Baked Cedar Plank Salmon. Use it as a dressing for salad and for dipping fresh or baked vegetables too! It’s also great over fish tacos! Very versatile!
What exactly is Aioli?
Technically the Oxford definition of aioli is mayonnaise seasoned with garlic. Both mayonnaise and aioli are emulsions meaning they contain 2 or more liquids that are typically unmixable. I’ve also seen the definition of true aioli as an emulsion of garlic and olive oil. Whatever the definition is, aioli is usually creamy, rich and delicious AND full of calories! Keep reading to find out how many calories and points this healthy recipe has.
Is this healthy Cilantro Lime Yogurt really an aioli?
Well technically this aioli is probably not a true aioli, however it is made with garlic and a little light mayonnaise so I’m considering it a healthy aioli. It’s creamy because of the yogurt and delicious but not so rich and definitely does not have the calories that traditional aioli has. And yes, you could omit the mayonnaise if you wanted. This recipe has only 9 calories per tablespoon and 0 Freestyle Smart Points for you Weight Watchers with tons of taste!
Fresh Cilantro Lime Yogurt Aioli
- 1 c. non fat plain Greek yogurt - I use Fage
- 1 T. light mayo
- 1-2 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 lime-squeezed
- kosher salt to taste
- 3/4 c. loosely packed cilantro cut finely in food processor
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except salt. Season with salt to taste. Place in refrigerator.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour before serving for best taste. Keeps up to 5 days in refrigerator.