Roasted Vegetables are my secret way to stay trim. They are full of vitamins (not empty calories) and they keep you full throughout the day. Throw whatever vegetables you have on hand in a large roasting pan (paid link). Add a few tablespoons of oil, some balsamic or spice and roast in the oven. Also see my post on Roasted Vegetables – My Secret Way to Stay Trim.
This post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
Why use a non-stick roasting pan?
A non-stick roasting pan (paid link) is key when you are roasting vegetables. With a non-stick pan, you don’t have to use a lot of oil and the vegetables don’t stick to the pan. If you need a new pan, try and buy one that is a good one and will last a while. I’ve gone through so many until I found this one. It’s expensive but it will last me forever. It’s the one pictured above. I use it all the time!
Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- 2 pkg baby carrots whole
- 1 large onion-cut into chunks I use red or sweet
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped (if desired)
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves-whole see note at bottom
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 c. green beans fresh
- 1 zucchini
- 8-16 oz mushrooms I love mushrooms, so I use a lot
- 1-2 T. olive oil(depending on how many vegetables you use try it first with one but add more if needed
- 3 T. balsamic vinegar use a really good aged one for best taste
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl (or I do it right in the roasting pan) combine all the vegetables, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place vegetable mixture in a large non-stick roasting pan. Non-stick is key, so you don't have to use a lot of oil and so the vegetables do not stick to the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir well.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes until carrots are tender when poked with a fork.
- Roasted vegetables will last about a week in the refrigerator. Do not freeze, see note at bottom.