This Parmesan Crusted Chicken Bruschetta is definitely a crowd pleaser and is super simple to make. If you have my Quick and Easy Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce already made in the freezer, it’s even faster but don’t skimp on the Burrata cheese as it really makes the dish. Serve it over zucchini noodles or pasta.
The secret to the crispiness of the Parmesan Crusted Chicken Bruschetta is to allow the breaded chicken to sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This is a tip I learned from making German schnitzel while living in Germany. You can prep the chicken up to one day ahead of time and left over cooked chicken can be frozen for a later use.
What is Burrata cheese?
Burrata means, “buttered” in Italian. The outer shell of Burrata cheese is a solid mozzarella but when you slice it open, delicious creaminess unfolds. Inside the Burrata is soft curd and cream. Burrata has a rich, milky, buttery flavor and is best at room temperature. Although some might think it’s a mozzarella, Burrata is it’s own kind of cheese. I love to use just a piece of it on my salads along with a good balsamic vinegar. No other dressing is needed because of the creaminess. You can always substitute a little parmesan over the roasted tomatoes and chicken, but this is SO MUCH BETTER! Burrata cheese can be found in the higher end grocery stores in the cheese section as well as Italian grocery stores.
This post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Bruschetta Over Zucchini Noodles
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thigh filets-about 1 1/2 lbs
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 T. water
- 1/3 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 1/3 c. parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 c. panko
- 1 T. oregano
- 1/2 t. thyme
- 1/2 T. kosher salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- olive oil spray from Olive Oil Sprayer
- 8 oz of burrata cheese one large one cut into 8 pieces, wait until ready to serve before cutting it
- 2 c. Quick and Easy Roasted Tomato sauce don't use the food processor, just leave the tomatoes whole for this recipe
- 2 medium zucchinis-spiralized into noodles
- drizzle of a good quality Balsamic vinegar about 1 t. per serving or more if you like it
- fresh basil for garnish if desired.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, minced garlic and water.
- In a shallow bowl or on a large plate, mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, panko, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place a piece of chicken on a piece of parchment, fold over and pound chicken until thin, or use a ziplock bag. Do this for all pieces.
- Dip chicken pieces first in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture. Push down on breading so it becomes completely covered. Transfer to a plate or cookie sheet. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat air fryer or oven to 425°.
- Arrange chicken pieces in basket, spray with oil spray on both sides. (I have the Breville Smart Oven Air so I can do all the chicken at once, you may have to do yours in batches.)
- Air fry for about 10 minutes until browned and crispy looking - (internal temperature of chicken at least 165°) With different air fryers, it may take more or less time. You can also bake it in the oven on a baking sheet lined with a piece of foil at 425° for about 20 minutes. Be sure and flip over chicken half-way through baking time. The air fryer does a better job at creating a crispier chicken but the oven does work.
- When the chicken is almost done, heat a non-stick skillet to medium high heat. Spray a bit of olive oil and add zucchini noodles. Cook for a few minutes until almost done. Be careful not to overcook them or they will be mushy. Transfer to a plate.
- After chicken is done, for each individual serving: arrange a chicken thigh on a bed of zucchini noodles. Top with roasted tomatoes. Add 1 oz of burrata cheese on top and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Garnish with a piece of fresh basil.