These delicious spicy Jalapeño poppers with a healthy twist can be made a few days ahead of time and are also great reheated as leftovers. So filling and a great low point appetizer option! Only 1 Freestyle Smart Point per jalapeño! To make things super easy, I suggest purchasing a Jalapeño Grill Rack and Corer (paid link) Tool.
This post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
Delicious Spicy Jalapeño Poppers with a Healthy Twist
Delicious spicy Jalapeño Poppers with a healthy twist! Instead of breaded poppers, or wrapped in bacon, these poppers are cored out and stuffed with center cut bacon, light cream cheese and spices, then grilled or baked in the oven until roasted. The jalapeño grill rack and corer tool makes these appetizers a breeze to put together and grill/bake. You can make them up ahead of time and bake/grill them when needed. Only 1 Freestyle Smart Point each! They also make great leftovers when reheated.
Weight Watchers Points: 1 Freestyle Smart Point per jalapeño popper
- 20 medium sized jalapeños tops cut off and cored (use tool that comes with rack)
- 8 oz. light cream cheese softened
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced (about 1 T.)
- 4 T. crumbled cooked center cut bacon or use the Kirkland Bacon Bits - so easy and delicious!
- 1/4 c. red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 T. Chipotle Seasoning optional
- 1/2 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. cilantro finely chopped (optional)
- Cut the tops off the jalapeños and core, removing the seeds and membrane. You may want to wear plastic gloves to protect your skin from the jalapeños.
- In a small bowl combine: cream cheese, garlic, bacon, onion, cheddar cheese, Chipotle seasoning, lime juice and cilantro. If you don't use the Chipotle Seasoning, be sure and add salt and pepper to taste. You can blend the mixture with a wooden spoon or use a hand held mixer.
- Spoon about 3/4 T. -1 T. filling, use a tiny spoon/spatula to work the filling into the jalapeño. Again you may want to wear gloves when filling them. You don't necessarily fill them totally full, just about 3/4 -1 T. of filling.
- Place toothpicks about 1/3 of the way down from the top. As they cook the jalapeños shrink and can fall through the holes on the rack, the toothpicks prevent this.
- Place jalapeños in the grilling rack and grill over medium heat for about 30 minutes. Or you can bake them in the rack in the oven at 425° for about 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately while warm.
You can easily make these appetizers up ahead of time, up to 2 days. Just grill or bake when needed. Leftovers are great reheated as well. You can even add some shredded cooked chicken breasts to make them even more filling!
Serving: 1gCalories: 45kcalCarbohydrates: 2.8gProtein: 2.1gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1.6gCholesterol: 9.5mgSodium: 110.5mgFiber: 0.5gSugar: 1.4gVitamin A: 36.9IUVitamin C: 18.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!