Looking for a new family tradition?
Cream of Pecan Soup: A Symphony of Flavors
Elevate your holiday festivities this year with a gourmet touch as you embark on a new tradition – a cup of Roasted Cream of Pecan Soup, a luxurious creation that marries the rich, nutty essence of pecans with a symphony of savory and spicy notes. Your guests will think you’ve spent hours crafting this decadent soup when in reality it took you less than 30 minutes!
This post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen and/or blog. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
This recipe created especially for Casa M Spice Co®
The “symphony of savory and spicy notes,” comes from the fabulous Chain Reaction Season All Spice from Casa M Spice Co®.
I like to serve this Roasted Cream of Pecan Soup in tiny glasses as an amuse bouche -a small savory item of food served as an appetizer before a meal. It goes well with most everything. This would be a perfect start to Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve.
How to Make Roasted Cream of Pecan Soup in Pictures:
First roast the pecans on a baking sheet at 400° for about 3-5 minutes. Don’t skip this step – it makes a difference!
Press “saúte” on Instant Pot (on high). Heat until hot.
Add butter and onions. Saúte for about 3-4 minutes until onions start to brown.
Add garlic, celery, Casa M Chain Reaction Spice and cook for a few minutes to open up the spices. (You can also do this on the stove).
Stir in the Parmesan Chicken Broth, pecans, and chipotle chile.
Pressure cook on high for about 20 minutes. Allow to natural release 10 min, then release pressure.
Add in honey, and brandy. Press saúte, add cream and bring to a boil, then turn off and keep on warm. Taste, add salt and pepper as needed.
Use an immersion blender to desired consistency. (Or you can put in blender/food processor, do in batches).
Serve immediately with a garnish of roasted pecans.
Roasted Cream of Pecan Soup
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Casa M Chain Reaction
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 3 cups Parmesan Chicken Broth (you can also used canned chicken broth)
- 2 cups roasted pecans roast them ahead of time, broil at 400° for about 3-5 min
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile, finely chopped (chiles in adobo sauce – 1 chile)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup heavy cream (you can also use half and half, milk or almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons brandy – this is optional but it really takes the soup to a new level
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper to taste
- Press Saúte on Instant Pot (on high). Heat until hot. You can also do this on the stove.
- Add butter and onions. Saúte for about 3-4 minutes until onions start to brown.
- Add garlic, celery, Casa M Chain Reaction Spice and cook for a few minutes to open up the spices.
- Stir in the Parmesan Chicken Broth (or chicken broth), pecans, and chipotle chile.
- Pressure cook on high for about 20 minutes. Allow to natural release 10 min, then release pressure. (If doing on the stove, bring to a boil, simmer about 40 min).
- Add in honey, and brandy. Press Saúte, add cream and bring to a boil, then turn off and keep on warm. Taste, add salt and pepper as needed.
- Use an immersion blender to desired consistency. (Or you can put in blender/food processor, do in batches).
- Serve hot in small bowls or cups. Garnish with a little parsley and some chopped pecans or pecan half. This is a rich soup, so little cups are perfect! (Make sure the soup isn't too hot for glass cups.)
Other Holiday Recipes made with Casa M Spices:
These Spicy Holiday Pecans are perfect anytime but especially around the holidays! Nuts and holidays just seem to go together and it’s a great quick and easy appetizer that pretty much anyone will love even if they are on a specific diet. And it’s a great Texas Spiced Pecans Recipe. Casa M’s Chain Reaction spice will make these the hit of the holiday! It’s 80% lower in sodium yet has all of the taste!