These spicy vegetarian meatballs made with beans and vegetables are so good even the meat eaters will love them! Super easy to make, these tasty vegetarian meatballs are so versatile! You can serve them over zucchini noodles or pasta with a tomato based sauce, serve them alone or even turn them into unique appetizers. See below for all of the great ideas!
This recipe created especially for Casa M Spice Co®
This healthy vegetarian meatball recipe was created especially for Casa M. Spice Co.® using their Chain Reaction Spice. Chain Reaction is a great season all seasoning. You can put it on everything!
How to serve these vegetarian meatballs:
Serve as a finger food with a variety of dipping sauces. Or serve over zucchini noodles/pasta with a tomato based sauce.
My favorite way! Take a tortilla scoop , place a small teaspoon full of guacamole in tortilla, add a spicy meatball, top with a tiny bit of sour cream and cilantro garnish.
Frozen Vegetarian Meatball Recipe
Super easy to freeze!
To make and freeze these delicious spicy vegetarian meatballs, just follow the directions below. After baking, flash freeze on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a vacuum sealer (paid link) to preserve their goodness!
Finely chop mushrooms, onions and red peppers
Sauté vegetables and garlic in a nonstick skillet until soft.
Pulse well drained black beans in a food processor to partially mash or use a fork.
Mix together remaining ingredients including the Chain Reaction Spice — the star of the show!
Use a small scoop (1 1/4 inch) to scoop out the meatballs onto a lightly sprayed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, then use a spatula to turn and bake 10 minutes more.
Enjoy as an appetizer, main meal with sauce or freeze for future use!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my Spicy Chipotle Black Bean Burgers!
Spicy Vegetarian Meatballs
- 2 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can green chilies, drained
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Chain Reaction Spice see note at bottom of recipe
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 cup oatmeal – finely ground -use food processor
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°; rinse and drain beans and drain the chilies.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil spray or use a teaspoon oil. Heat on medium heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, peppers, garlic and onions. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- In a food processor, add the well drained beans, pulse lightly until partially mashed. Or use a fork to mash the beans.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, vegetable mixture, Chain Reaction Spice, green chiles, liquid smoke, salt, ketchup, oatmeal and eggs.
- Using a small 1 1/2 inch scoop or spoon, scoop out mixture (to make about 1 1/2 inch balls) onto a parchment sheet sprayed with cooking spray or oil.
- Bake 10 minutes, then carefully turn with spatula and bake another 10 minutes.
Wow! These are simply wonderful! The spice sets the tone for total enjoyment. Definitely a “Keeper Recipe”.
So glad you liked them! So versatile!
Amy, I made these spicy vegetable balls and they are delicious! Thank you so much Dash there is so much that can be done with these tasty treats.
Thanks for the comment!
It’s really lame that I need to use this obscure spice that I have no idea how to recreate and is not available in my local supermarket.
BTW, your Amazon link to your “special link for a special price for my readers. ” Is broken and useless.
I really wanted to make this dish. Not cool!
I’m so sorry you had trouble. This is a sponsored post so I don’t recommended substitutions next to the spice as I’m being paid to promote it. But, that being said you could substitute my homemade chipotle seasoning very easily or a favorite blended Mexican spice. The special link doesn’t work because it is expired, it is only valid through the time listed – this is from the spice company. They only offer it for a short time when I first post the recipe. If you click on the other links in the post, it will go to Amazon or to their website. It is a fabulous spice and great in everything.Here is the company website’s listing: https://casamspice.com/collections/spice-blends/products/chain-reaction Hope this helps!