These spicy vegetarian meatballs made with beans and vegetables are so good even the meat eaters will love them! Super easy to make, these tasty vegetarian meatballs are so versatile! You can serve them over zucchini noodles or pasta with a tomato based sauce, serve them alone or even turn them into unique appetizers. See below for all of the great ideas!
This recipe created especially for Casa M Spice Co®
How to serve these vegetarian meatballs:
Serve as a finger food with a variety of dipping sauces. Or serve over zucchini noodles/pasta with a tomato based sauce.
My favorite way! Take a tortilla scoop , place a small teaspoon full of guacamole in tortilla, add a spicy meatball, top with a tiny bit of sour cream and cilantro garnish.
Finely chop mushrooms, onions and red peppers
Sauté vegetables and garlic in a nonstick skillet until soft.
Pulse well drained black beans in a food processor to partially mash or use a fork.
Mix together remaining ingredients including the Chain Reaction Spice — the star of the show!
Use a small scoop (1 1/4 inch) to scoop out the meatballs onto a lightly sprayed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, then use a spatula to turn and bake 10 minutes more.
Enjoy as an appetizer, main meal with sauce or freeze for future use!
If you like this recipe, you’ll love my Spicy Chipotle Black Bean Burgers!
Spicy Vegetarian Meatballs
- 2 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained well
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can green chilies, drained
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Chain Reaction Spice see note at bottom of recipe
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3/4 cup oatmeal – finely ground -use food processor
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°; rinse and drain beans and drain the chilies.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with olive oil spray or use a teaspoon oil. Heat on medium heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms, peppers, garlic and onions. Sauté for a few minutes until soft.
- In a food processor, add the well drained beans, pulse lightly until partially mashed. Or use a fork to mash the beans.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, vegetable mixture, Chain Reaction Spice, green chiles, liquid smoke, salt, ketchup, oatmeal and eggs.
- Using a small 1 1/2 inch scoop or spoon, scoop out mixture (to make about 1 1/2 inch balls) onto a parchment sheet sprayed with cooking spray or oil.
- Bake 10 minutes, then carefully turn with spatula and bake another 10 minutes.