Embark on a guilt-free flavor fiesta with our Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole, spiced by Casa M’s Chain Reaction. We’re dishing out a sizzling, healthier twist on this classic comfort – let’s dive in! What makes this Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole so special?
Hearty brown rice, blended with Greek yogurt, black beans and Casa M’s Chain Reaction Season-All.
Luscious Monterey Jack Cheese and tomatoes and green chiles.
Delicious tender chicken bites, red and yellow peppers, onions and more Chain Reaction spice, topped with a modest amount of Monterey Jack Cheese. Serve it with a side salad and a few tortilla chips to complete your meal!
The best part? This fabulous Mexican comfort dish freezes in portions extremely well. Great for lunches later as well as a quick pull out of the freezer dinner for unexpected guests.
To freeze: Allow casserole to cool in refrigerator overnight. Cut into portions. Flash freeze first.
When frozen, vacuum seal into bags. When ready to eat, thaw in refrigerator or defrost and heat in microwave or place pieces in a dish, cover with foil and reheat in the oven at 350° until hot.
How to Make Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole in Pictures:
Preheat oven to 350°
Spray a 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray,
Mix together brown rice, yogurt, black beans and 1 tablespoon of Casa M Chain Reaction Spice .
In a nonstick skillet, add onions, peppers, and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes. Add chicken pieces. Add another tablespoon of Casa M Chain Reaction Season – All. Cook until chicken is mostly done.
Place rice mixture into dish.
Add rotel and green chiles.
Add a layer of cheese. You can add more or less depending on your tastes. Of course personally I would love to add more cheese but trying to keep the calories down.
Add chicken mixture and more cheese!
Spray foil with cooking spray, then cover dish and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes.
Allow casserole to rest about 10 minutes before eating it.
Healthy Casa M Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt 0% fat
- 1-2 tablespoons Casa M Chain Reaction Spice, divided
- 1 teaspoon oil (use more if not using a nonstick pan)
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts or thighs, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 red, orange or yellow peppers, or a combination, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, well drained
- 1 can rotel, well drained
- 1 can hatch chiles or green chiles, well drained
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9×13 glass dish with cooking spray.
- Mix together rice, yogurt, black beans and 1 tablespoon of Casa M Chain Reaction Spice. Place mixture in dish.
- In a nonstick skillet, add onions, peppers, and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes. Add chicken pieces. Cook until chicken is mostly done.
- On top of rice mixture, add rotel and drained chilles. Layer one cup of cheese, then chicken mixture, then end with 1 more cup of cheese.
- Spray a piece of foil. Cover dish with foil and bake 25 min. Then uncover and bake 20 more minutes. Allow 10 minutes to cool before cutting and serving.
Here are some other Gourmet Done Skinny Meals you can prep ahead and freeze:
Try this delicious individual meat loaves – Even Better Than Granny’s Meatloaf! Perfect to pull out on a day where you need a quick meal!
Homemade Spicy Chicken Sausage – Having portions of this in your freezer are handy for quick meals later!