These tender healthy air fryer fish bites are a great option for anyone looking to indulge in a crispy and delicious seafood dish without the added calories and unhealthy fats that typically come with deep-frying. Casa M Hooked Fish Seasoning adds just the right seasoning and makes them super quick to make. You don’t have to pull out a ton of spices, just this one! These air fryer fish bites are great over a salad, in slider buns, in a wrap or just alone as an appetizer. You can also make them with chicken instead of fish. Delicious either way!
This post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen and/or blog. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
I love this Hooked Fish Seasoning from Casa M! It’s so versatile and delicious. You can use it for dressings and toppings as well. To enhance the flavor and nutrition of these fish bites, serve them with a side of lemon wedge and a fresh herb dipping sauce made from plain Greek yogurt, and a teaspoon or two of Casa M Hooked Fish Seasoning. I love to serve the fish bites in slider buns with the yogurt mixture.
This healthy air fryer fish bites recipe is not only a delicious and satisfying meal, but it is also a great source of lean protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and other essential vitamins and minerals. Plus, you can freeze these little fish nuggets to have later when you’re in a hurry. Just pop and reheat again in the air fryer for a few minutes.
How long to cook fish bites in air fryer?
While every air fryer is a bit different, these little delicious nuggets take about 10 minutes in the air fryer at 400°. If you have an airfryer like mine, you won’t need to even turn them but if you have more of a traditional air fryer, then flip them over at the 5 minute mark. Air fry until flakey.
Frozen fish bites in fryer?
Yes you can freeze these air fryer fish bites! Air fry first, then cool. Transfer to vacuum sealed bags . When ready to eat, just pull them out of the freezer and air fry until hot – a few minutes at about 350°.
How to Make Healthy Air Fryer Fish Bites in Pictures:
In a large bowl combine fish pieces (or chicken), yogurt, minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of Casa M Hooked Fish Seasoning.
Don’t forget to add the Hooked Fish Seasoning! It’s the star of this show!
Preheat air fryer to 400°. Line air fryer baskets with air fryer parchment paper for easy clean up. (See notes at the bottom).
In a shallow bowl (or plate), combine flour, kosher salt and pepper. I also like to add an additional tablespoon of Casa M Hooked Seasoning here with the flour (but for some people that might be too much, but not for me!)
- In another shallow bowl, beat eggs.
- In a 3rd shallow bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon of Casa M Hooked Fish Seasoning.
Dip the fish or chicken pieces into the flour mixtures, shake off excess. Dip into the eggs, then dip the piece into the Panko mixture.
Air fry for 10 minutes, flipping over around the 5 minute mark unless you have an air fryer like this one – no need to turn/flip. All air fryers are different so this is an estimate, don’t burn them. Air fry until the fish flakes pretty easily.
Serve alone as appetizers, over salads, in sliders or wraps.
Healthy Air Fryer Fish Bites
- Air fryer
- 2 lbs Rockfish, Tilapia or any white fish Cut into bite -size pieces.
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Casa M Hooked Fish Seasoning (divided) See notes for coupon on seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil spray or cooking spray
- In a large bowl combine fish pieces (or chicken), yogurt, minced garlic and 1 tablespoon of Casa M Hooked Fish Seasoning.
- Stir until well coated. Allow to marinate at least 15 minutes up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. Line air fryer baskets with air fryer parchment paper for easy clean up. (See notes at the bottom).
- In a shallow bowl (or plate), combine flour, kosher salt and pepper. ((I also like to add an additional tablespoon of Casa M Hooked Seasoning here with the flour but for some people that might be too much, but not for me!)– In another shallow bowl, beat eggs. – In a 3rd shallow bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon of Casa M Hooked Fish Seasoning.
- Dip the fish or chicken pieces into the flour mixtures, shake off excess. Dip into the eggs, then dip the piece into the panko mixture. Arrange on the lined parchment paper (or spray basket with cooking spray). Be sure pieces aren't touching.
- Spray lightly with olive oil spray or cooking spray.
- Air fry for 10 minutes, flipping over around the 5 minute mark. All air fryers are different so this is an estimate, don't burn them. Air fry until the fish flakes pretty easily.
- Serve alone as appetizers, over salads, in sliders or wraps.
Check out some my other Casa M Recipes!
What makes these Chocolate Drops so special? They have a spicy little kick because they are made with Casa M’s Chain Reaction Spice. This is a take on my Chocolate Snaps. Crispy on the outside and slightly chewy and chocolatey on the inside. I love it when the chocolate oozes out. Believe it or not, they start with a Devil’s Food Cake Mix! They don’t make a big batch so I like making them into mini sized cookies, but they are super easy to make! And the best thing is, the dough freezes easily. Make a batch, flash freeze and bake when needed.
This creamy delicious and nutritious Instant Pot Roasted Carrot Soup brings back fond memories of my tearoom Afternoon to Remember in Newcastle, California. We served this soup in tea cups, alongside our famous Jarlsberg Quiche. Recently I’ve done a bit of a makeover on it. Now it’s so much easier to make but it is just as delicious, if not even better!
These crispy Air Fryer Southwest Egg Rolls are a huge favorite at my house. You can use the deep fryer or air fryer for a healthier option. Filled with chicken, bacon, black beans, green chilies, jalapeños, and my favorite Casa M Spice – Chain Reaction! Use wonton wrappers for the perfect party size appetizer or use egg roll wrappers and serve them as a meal with rice and beans. Whichever way you do them, they will sure to be a hit! And yes, you can even freeze them for later!