This creamy delicious and nutritious Instant Pot Roasted Carrot Soup brings back fond memories of my tearoom Afternoon to Remember in Newcastle, California. We served this soup in tea cups, alongside our famous Jarlsberg Quiche. Recently I’ve done a bit of a makeover on it. Now it’s so much easier to make but it is just as delicious, if not even better!
This recipe created especially for Casa M Spice Co®
I lightened up this Instant Pot Roasted Carrot Soup by using less butter, less sodium with Casa M’s Jerked Chain spice and adapted it for the Instant Pot. You won’t believe how quick this soup is to make with Casa M’s Jerked Chain and the Instant Pot. The smell of spices sautéing will make you want to devour it right away! The best part ? You can freeze it for later!
Casa M’s Jerked Chain is a great spice for this roasted carrot soup. This spice adds just the right kick and seasoning that matches well with the carrot, lime and honey.
How to Make Instant Pot Roasted Carrot Soup in Pictures:
Turn on Instant Pot to “Sauté.” When hot add butter and heat until melted. Add cumin, Jerked Chain seasoning, black pepper, dried oregano and salt. Sauté a few minutes to open up the spices.
Add onions, garlic and carrots. Sauté for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don’t let it burn.
Add chicken broth, lime juice and honey.
Instant Pot Roasted Carrot Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Casa M Jerked Chain Spice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or use 4 Tablespoons fresh
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 pounds baby carrots
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 cups chicken broth or use my Parmesan Chicken Broth
- Turn on Instant Pot to "Sauté," setting. Add butter.
- When hot and butter is melted, add cumin, Jerked Chain seasoning, black pepper, dried oregano and salt. Sauté a few minutes to open up the spices.
- Add onions, garlic and carrots. Sauté for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't let it burn.
- Add chicken broth, lime juice and honey.
- Pressure cook on high for 6 minutes. Allow to natural release for at least 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender and emulsify until desired consistency. Serve with a dollop of sour cream if desired.