This creamy delicious Jalapeño Cream Sauce a great way to add some pizazz to any taco, sandwich or burger. Because it’s made with light sour cream, it’s lower in calories and points. And because it’s made with jalapeños and garlic, it’s full of zip. A little goes a long way. It makes a fabulous fish taco sauce! If you use less than a tablespoon, then it doesn’t even count as a smart point! Woo hoo! I use a tiny bit as a substitute for mayo on my turkey sliders. Yum!
Be creative and discover your own uses for this wonderful Jalapeño Cream! 1 smart point per 1 tablespoon, if you use 2 t. then it doesn’t count as any points on the recipe builder in the Weight Watchers ap. I now put a little of it on just about everything! Instead of using mayonnaise or cream cheese on sandwiches, I use just a tiny bit of this. It’s great on my turkey sliders, in my Lentil and Bean Chili, on Chipotle fish tacos, on pinto beans with cilantro and tomatoes. It’s one of the things I prep every Sunday so I’m ready to stay on track for the week.
How to Make Jalapeño Cream Sauce in pictures:
Cut off the stems of the jalapeños and peppers and deseed them.
Sauté lightly until garlic is browned. Do not burn garlic. Cool slightly.
Fold mixture into sour cream.
Let sit a few hours if possible to enhance the flavor but it’s ready now. This Jalapeño Cream Sauce keeps for about 2 weeks or as long as the sour cream isn’t past the expiration date.
Jalapeño Cream Sauce
- 1 c. light sour cream
- 2 jalapeños or Thai red peppers, or combination -stem cut off and deseeded
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 t. oil or use your Misto sprayer in a non-stick pan
- In a food processor, combine jalapeños and garlic. Process until finely chopped.
- In a small skillet, add oil (or use non-stick pan and Misto sprayer), heat until hot. Add jalapeño mixture.
- Sauté lightly until garlic is browned. Do not burn garlic. Cool slightly.
- Fold mixture into sour cream. Keep in refrigerator up to 10 days or as long as sour cream is good.