I’m all about “toppers.” In fact I’m working on a new category called, “Gourmet Done Skinny Jazz Toppers, ” and this Healthy Creamy Parmesan Herb Dressing and Dip recipe will be definitely in that category. It’s so versatile! I use it on everything-as a dip with Lavash crackers (see recipe for crackers in the note section), in tortilla wraps with chicken, lettuce, and tomatoes, and as a topping for my turkey sliders and just recently I tried it as a base for a personal pan pizza. (I’ll be doing a recipe with that one for sure!) This Creamy Parmesan Herb Dressing and Dip would also be good as a topper on steak and obviously it makes a fabulous salad dressing as well.
Healthy Creamy Parmesan Herb Dressing and Dip
- 12 oz. non fat Greek yogurt
- 4 oz parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 T. light mayonnaise
- 2 T. olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves minced or chopped (I do mine in food processor) about 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. or more fresh thyme or combination of thyme, rosemary, and basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small non-stick skillet, add 2 T. olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and toast for just a bit, just until slightly golden, do not let garlic burn. Allow to cool while chopping herbs.
- Wash herbs and finely chop. Add to cooling garlic mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine yogurt, herb and oil mixture, lemon juice, mayonnaise and cheese.
- You can use it immediately but I like it better after it sits a day. It will keep in the refrigerator for over a week as long as the yogurt date is still good.