This Chicken and Roasted Beet Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette is my re-creation of a delicious salad I had in Carmel at La Bicyclette, called Rouge Salad. It’s such a wonderful combination of fresh, sweet, salt and creamy. I added chicken breasts for a complete meal! Very filling, yet light and fresh tasting! This recipe is designed to make as a single serving so it’s easier to count points. Just divide greens up into separate salad bowls or plates, then add the following ingredients to each one. This way you know exactly how many points your salad is. If you’re vegan, leave out the yogurt and chicken and use toasted walnuts. (updated March 1, 2023).
This post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
Chicken and Roasted Beet Salad with Citrus Vinaigriette
To each individual bowl add:
- handful mache lettuce greens or any spring mix greens
- a few leaves endive
- a few leaves of radicchio chopped
- handful of spinach
- roasted beets-depending if you like beets I typically use 1 beet per person-see notes for how to roast
- 2 oz. roasted or grilled chicken breasts
- 1 T. dried cherries
- 1 T. candied walnuts see recipe for walnuts in note section
- olive oil spray I like to use my Olive Oil Mister
- 1 T. roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 T. non-fat Greek yogurt optional, for garnish
- 2 T. Citrus Vinaigrette
- To each salad plate or bowl, add greens.
- Top each with sliced roasted beets and chicken.
- Sprinkle 1 T. of each: dried cherries, candied walnuts, and pumpkin seeds over greens and beets.
- Sprinkle 2 T. of the Citrus Vinaigrette over all.
- Top with 1 T. non-fat Greek yogurt if desired.
- Arrange a piece of dill or other herb in the yogurt for decor.