This year transform your Thanksgiving leftovers into a mouthwatering masterpiece with this Easy Instant Pot Leftover Turkey Orzo recipe! A quick and delicious way to repurpose that succulent turkey, blending it with savory orzo and aromatic spices.
Why not try this easy Instant Pot Leftover Turkey Orzo instead of making the same ole Turkey Noodle Soup with all of that Thanksgiving turkey?
This traditional comfort food dish is elevated to new heights with the remarkable Casa M’s Chain Reaction spice blend. Not only mouthwateringly delicious but also a fantastic way to put your Thanksgiving turkey leftovers to great use. Every year we struggle with what to do with all that leftover turkey. Sure we freeze it and then never use it, or we send it home with family members who eat it the first day and then it gets forgotten. Why? Because after a day or so, the leftover turkey is dry and unappealing. Also there are only so many turkey sandwiches you can eat. But this dish – it’s amazing!
So, let’s learn how to infuse this classic comfort food with a chain reaction of flavors that will leave your taste buds thrilled!
This post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen and/or blog. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
This recipe created especially for Casa M Spice Co®
Casa M’s Chain Reaction Spice – The Secret Ingredient That Sets the Stage
Creating culinary magic is all about the perfect balance of flavors. Casa M’s Chain Reaction spice blend is a secret weapon that brings depth, heat, and a burst of excitement to this already scrumptious dish. This unique spice blend marries a delightful combination of herbs and spices, including paprika, and a hint of chili heat. It adds a smoky, earthy dimension that’s a true game-changer.
You won’t believe how fast this recipe comes together! You can prepare it in 10 minutes and cook it in 3 minutes! So simple! One spice is all that is needed – Casa M Spice Co® Chain Reaction. If you’re a Gourmet Done Skinny fan, you will probably already have this fabulous spice in your pantry. It’s my absolute favorite! This Instant Pot Leftover Turkey Orzo recipe is great with leftover or rotisserie chicken as well. And for a pasta dish, I’ve even made it healthier for you!
How to Make Easy Instant Pot Leftover Turkey Orzo in Pictures:
Press “Saute” on the Instant Pot. Add oil.
When oil is hot, add onion and garlic. Saute for a few minutes. Add Chain Reaction Spice to open up the spices.
Stir in kosher salt, sun dried tomatoes, and orzo. Cook for about a minute, then turn off Instant Pot.
Add in turkey (or cooked chicken), drained beans, and chicken broth. Stir very well. You don’t want the orzo to stick to the bottom of the pot.
Press “Manual,” and set to 3 minutes. If you have an older Instant Pot, make sure you set the knob to sealing. When done, release pressure immediately.
Stir in chopped spinach and parmesan. Spinach will wilt and parmesan will melt.
Add in half and half. Stir. If it’s the consistency is too thick, add in a bit more half and half. Taste and adjust salt as necessary.
So fast, so easy and so delicious!! Who knew “leftovers” could be so good???
Easy Instant Pot Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Orzo
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Casa M Chain Reaction you can use more if you like it spicy
- 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt, start with 1/2 and adjust as needed
- 3/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped finely rinse if packed in oil and you want to save some calories
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken, chopped
- 3 cups Parmesan chicken broth, or use regular chicken broth
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained (15.5 oz)
- 3 cups fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Half and Half or you can also use heavy cream
- Press "Saute" on the Instant Pot. Add oil.
- When oil is hot, add onion and garlic. Saute for a few minutes. Add Chain Reaction Spice to open up the spices.
- Stir in kosher salt, sun dried tomatoes, and orzo. Cook for about a minute, then turn off Instant Pot.
- Add in turkey (or cooked chicken), drained beans, and chicken broth. Stir very well. You don't want the orzo to stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Press "Manual," and set to 3 minutes. If you have an older Instant Pot, make sure you set the knob to sealing. When done, release pressure immediately.
- Stir in chopped spinach and parmesan. Spinach will wilt and parmesan will melt.
- Add in half and half. Stir. If it's the consistency is too thick, add in a bit more half and half. Taste and adjust salt as necessary.
Still want that turkey soup? Or have a lot of turkey? Well try this recipe and substitute the chicken for your leftover turkey. It’s also delicious!
I love to put homemade noodles in chicken noodle soup. They remind me of my childhood. My grandmother made the best homemade egg noodles. As a young girl, I remember sitting on the kitchen stool in her tiny kitchen with avocado green appliances watching my Granny roll out the dough, cut the noodles with her big knife (the one pictured below), then carefully shake them out. They were cooked in the broth she had made from baking a roast earlier in the day. She always served them for Thanksgiving, although would make them whenever I came to town as she knew I loved them so much.