Seems like everytime I create a recipe I say, “This is my favorite one of all!” But truly I do feel this Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is one of my best creations. Casa M Spice Co® makes it super easy to make! It’s like eating enchiladas in a cup! So delicious, so creamy, so comforting! I really do feel it’s the “Best Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup!” but then again I may be biased.
This recipe created especially for Casa M Spice Co®
This creamy chicken enchilada soup recipe is super quick to put together if you have Casa M’s Chain Reaction Spice. (And if you don’t have it yet, why the heck not? It’s so good!) Basically you just saúte the onions and dump everything in and go! Casa M makes it so easy – a fabulous combination of spices so you don’t have to dig in your pantry to find everything to put it together.
Now I will tell you a little secret, if you have my Homemade Parmesan Chicken Broth in the freezer, and you use that instead of the boring store bought chicken broth, your soup will be absolutely amazing. If you don’t have it, the chicken enchilada soup will still be good but make it again and compare with the homemade broth, then let me know!
How to Make The Best Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup in pictures:
Press saúte on the Instant Pot. Add oil. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
Add Casa M Chain Reaction Spice . This happens to be the uncontrolled version but they have 3 different levels – original, uncontrolled, and controlled.
Add garlic. Saúte for at least a minute to open up the spices. Do not let the garlic burn. Turn off the Instant Pot.
Add chicken broth, black beans, corn, chiles from adobo sauce (just 1-2 chiles), tomato sauce, green chiles, tomatoes and chicken. After it’s finished, take out the chicken, shred and put back in.
Stir in refried beans and cream cheese chunks. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
This soup freezes very well in 1 cup Souper Cubes. Transfer later to vacuum sealed bags to keep soup in freezer longer.
Serve with optional garnishes like cilantro, cotija cheese, green onions, chopped avocado, and tortilla chips.
The Best Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instant Pot
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped yellow, white, or sweet
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil or use olive oil spray
- 2 teaspoons Casa M Chain Reaction Spice – original
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cups Homemade Parmesan Chicken Broth or use regular chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 chiles in adobo sauce – take out 1 or 2, chop finely or use food processor optional – this does add a lot of spice
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 small can green chiles
- 1 8 oz can petite diced tomatoes (or use 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped)
- 3 chicken breasts or thighs, or about 20 oz of cooked chicken -or use the deboned chicken if you made the Parmesan Chicken Broth – definitely best taste!
- 1 can refried beans (fat free is ok)
- 8 oz light cream cheese – chop into 8-10 cubes (optional – but makes it very creamy)
- 1-2 pinches salt and pepper to taste
- finely chopped cilantro
- chopped avocado
- shredded cheddar cheese or cotija cheese
- tortilla chips or torn tortillas
- Press saúte on the Instant Pot. Add oil.
- Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic, Casa M Chain Reaction. Saúte for at least a minute to open up the spices. Do not let the garlic burn. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add chicken broth, black beans, corn, chiles from adobo sauce (just the chiles), tomato sauce, green chiles, tomatoes and chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot with lid and pressure cook 30 minutes. Allow to natural release for 10 minutes. Release pressure.
- If you used chicken breasts or thighs, pull out chicken and shred. Add back into pot. If you used deboned chicken from the broth, no need to shred.
- Stir in refried beans and cream cheese chunks. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Serve with optional garnishes.
- This soup freezes very well in 1 cup Souper Cubes. Transfer later to vacuum sealed bags to keep soup in freezer longer.