Because this Italian Pork – instant pot pork tenderloin with onions recipe is so quick and easy to make, it’s a great weeknight dish to serve over zucchini noodles, rice or even alone with a nice salad. Delicious tender pieces of pork tenderloin cooked with red wine, mushrooms, onions and Italian spices. It takes less than 30 minutes! (Updated 11/30/21)
Freezer Friendly Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin – Shredded
Italian Pork Pot is a great freezer friendly recipe! Just portion it into 1 cup portions, use a vacuum sealer (paid link) and freeze for quick lunches or dinners.
This post does contain affiliate links including affiliate links from the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen and/or blog. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
Instant Pot Italian Pork in Pictures:
Cut the pork tenderloin into bite sized pieces.
Set the Instant Pot to “sauté,” and heat until hot. Spray the olive oil spray (paid link) over the bottom of the pot.
Brown pork until all pieces are mostly brown. Remove pork to a plate.
Add in onions and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
Pour in red wine and deglaze pot by scraping wooden spoon along the bottom of the pot.
Add remaining ingredients and pressure cook on high for 8 minutes. Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes before releasing steam.
Serve over cooked rice or zucchini.
Garnish with basil and enjoy! Freeze leftovers into portions.
Instant Pot Italian Pork
- Instant Pot
- 2 lb.pork loin roast cut into small bite sized pieces
- olive oil spray I like to use my Olive Oil Mister
- 1 c. canned tomatoes or use my Quick and Easy Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3 c. mushrooms chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano or 3 tablespoons of fresh
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/4 c. red wine
- 4 T. bacon crumbles I like the Kirkland brand from Costco
- fresh basil or thyme for garnish
- Cut the pork into bite sized pieces. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Set the Instant Pot to "sauté". Heat. When hot, spray the pot with olive oil spray.
- Add pork pieces and brown on all sides. You may have to do this in two separate batches.
- Transfer pork to plate. Add onions and garlic to pot and sauté until softened. You may need to spray a bit of oil in pot to keep onions and garlic from burning.
- Add wine and deglaze the bottom of the pot a bit (scrap the browned bits with a spatula).
- Turn off pot.
- Add pork, tomatoes, mushrooms, spices, and bacon crumbles.
- Push, “Manual,” or on some models, “Pressure Cook,” for 8 minutes. Be sure the seal is closed.
- When done, allow to naturally release for at least 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil or thyme. Great alone or over zucchini noodles or rice.
Other Quick and Easy Instant Pot Meals
This Quick and Easy Healthy Cilantro Pork Pot is a great Instant Pot meal especially if you’re in a hurry and need something delicious and filling for the whole family. Serve it over rice, in tacos, over salad or even alone! Let your family and guests customize their own bowls by adding various toppings such as hot sauce, green onions, black olives, and sour cream (light in my case, or my Jalapeño Cream).
This healthy Instant Pot Caribbean Pork Bowl recipe was created especially for Casa M. Spice Co.® It is my first recipe for them and I am so excited to share it! This healthy pork bowl is super easy to make, nutritious and so delicious! Made with pork shoulder, rum, pineapple and Casa M Jerked Chain spice.
This is one of my favorite dishes!