This recipe created especially for Casa M Spice Co®
This Instant Pot Lamb Curry is a delicious spicy blend of seasonings, garlic, fresh ginger, tomatoes, carrots and zucchini and lamb. Lamb is one of those meats that not everyone knows how to fix but it’s super easy with Casa M’s Good Shepherd Lamb Seasoning and the Instant Pot. Not sure what spices to use for lamb stew? Use the Good Shepherd! They take out the guess work!
Why make Lamb Curry in the Instant Pot?
This 6 qt. Instant Pot is a perfect way to cook lamb curry. Lamb takes a long time to become tender. On the stove it can take 2 hours or more until the meat falls apart. But by using the pressure in the Instant Pot, you can cook the lamb curry in less than 40 minutes.
Is this Lamb Curry spicy?
When experimenting and creating this recipe, I originally made it with 3 tablespoons of Good Shepherd and 2 tablespoons of the Chain Reaction Spice. It came out nice and very spicy. So if you like it that way then add a little more spice. However, if you like it on the slightly spicy side just stick to the recipe.
How to make Instant Pot Lamb Curry in Pictures:
Cut lamb into bite sized pieces. This is a boneless lamb roast.
Marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. You can use more or less of the spice depending on your tastes.
Add 2 tablespoons of butter to Instant Pot. Press, “Sauté,” and heat until hot. For this recipe I like to use butter as it imparts a nice flavor. Because this recipe isn’t high in calories, I feel butter is a great addition.
Add onions and brown for 5 minutes. Add chopped lamb and brown for about 5 minutes or until browned.
Add Rotel and carrots.
Add in yogurt, 1 spoonful at a time and stir well to incorporate.
Pressure cook for 20 minutes. Allow for Instant Pot to naturally release or if you don’t have time, allow at least 15 minutes before you release the pressure.
After pressure is released, add zucchini and cilantro and stir well.
Serve over rice and garnish with more cilantro.
Instant Pot Lamb Curry
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 lb. cubed lamb can be stew meat or boneless lamb roast or use chicken breasts/thighs or beef top round
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Good Shepherd Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Chain Reaction Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Rani Garam Masala or make your own see notes
- 1 jalapeno serrano pepper, or jalapeno pepper – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small onions finely chopped (I use food processor)
- 3 cups baby carrots, sliced
- 1 can Rotel or you can use 15 oz can of chopped tomatoes – won't be as spicy
- 1/3 c. non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 zucchini – this will be added after the cooking
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro – added after cooking
- Cut lamb into bite sized pieces.
- In a plastic bag or bowl, combine lamb, garlic, lime juice, fresh ginger, salt, pepper, Chain Reaction spice, Good Shepherd spice, chile and pepper.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to Instant Pot. Press, "Sauté," and heat until hot.
- Add onions and brown for 5 minutes. Add chopped lamb and brown for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add rotel and carrots. Add in yogurt, 1 spoonful at a time and stir well to incorporate.
- Pressure cook for 20 minutes. Allow for Instant Pot to naturally release or if you don't have time, allow at least 15 minutes before you release the pressure.
- After pressure is released, add zucchini and cilantro and stir well.
- Serve over rice and garnish with more cilantro.
- 1/2 T. cumin
- 1 t. coriander
- 1 t. cardamon
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/8 t. turmeric
- sprinkle or a few grinds of nutmeg
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1/4 t. cloves
- 1/2 t. -1 t. cayenne
Other recipes with Casa M Spices:
Instant Pot Caribbean Pork Bowl If you liked the Instant Pot Lamb Curry, you’ll love this dish!
Spicy Skillet Casa M Breakfast Bowl – This Spicy Skillet Casa M Healthy Breakfast Bowl is a great way to start your morning. Packed full of veggies, brown rice and a little kale, eggs and bacon it’s bound to keep you full for hours.
Healthy Spicy Turkey Sausage Squash Boats – These Healthy Spicy Turkey Sausage Squash Boats are quick to make with Casa M. Spice Co® Chain Reaction spice . Delicious homemade turkey sausage crumbles mixed with sweet potato, onion, chanterelles, red pepper and garlic all served in a “squash” boat. Use delicata squash, acorn squash, or butternut squash as your “boat.”