Sometimes you just need a quick and easy delicious dinner and this healthy Instant Pot Orange Chicken is it! If you’re not a big fan of curry, just leave that out. Keep all of the ingredients on hand so you can whip it up in a hurry. Serve it with rice, cauliflower rice or naan.
This Instant Pot Chicken is a little on the spicy side so if you want a mild orange chicken recipe add less chili garlic sauce (paid link). I like to use the Huy Fong Vietnamese Chili Garlic Sauce (paid link) but feel free to substitute others. Be sure to serve it with extra orange zest, cilantro, and toasted almonds on top, they complete the dish!
This post does contain affiliate links including affiliate links from the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen and/or blog. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
How to toast almonds for the garnish
Place slivered almonds on a baking sheet. Turn oven to broil. Broil 1-2 minutes, watch carefully so they do not burn!
How to make Fast and Easy Orange Chicken in pictures:
Spray olive oil spray (paid link) in the bottom of the Instant Pot liner. Slightly brown the onions for a few minutes on the sauté setting of the Instant Pot.
Add the garlic and chicken and brown a few minutes more.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine orange juice, chili garlic sauce (paid link), soy sauce (paid link), honey, curry, and mustard.
Pour mixture over chicken, add chopped peppers, and fresh orange zest. Set to manual pressure for 3 minutes, allow to natural release for 5 minutes. Sauce will be fairly thin, unless you thicken it up with cornstarch. To do this, place about 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in a small bowl, add in some of the hot liquid from the pot. Stir well. Add mixture to Instant Pot and sauté for a few minutes until thickened.
When finished, add in mandarin oranges. (If you add in oranges earlier, they will be mushy).
Serve over rice, cauliflower rice or with Naan. Garnish with more fresh zest, fresh cilantro and toasted almonds.
Try These Other Great Healthy Instant Pot Recipes!
Looking for another great Instant Pot recipe? Try this Instant Pot Caribbean Pork Bowl! Made with Casa M Spice Jerked Chain! So delicious!
This Instant Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken Bowl is super easy to make, so delicious and addictive! Spicy, tangy, and salty incorporated into a healthy bowl with a bit of freshness from the cabbage and vegetables.
Healthy Instant Pot Orange Chicken Curry
- Instant Pot
- 2 lb chicken breasts chopped into bite size pieces
- olive oil spray
- 1 large onion sweet, white, chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- zest of one orange
- 1/4-1/3 cup chili garlic sauce - If you like it spicy use 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon of prepared mustard
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 3 medium oranges peeled or 1 can mandarin oranges
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- toasted almonds
- Brown onions in Instant Pot on sauté setting using olive oil spray. Add chicken and brown for a few more minutes.
- Combine orange juice, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, honey, mustard, curry and garlic in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over chicken, add chopped peppers and set to manual pressure for 3 minutes, allow to natural release for 5 minutes. Add in oranges.
- If you want to thicken the sauce, spoon some of the sauce into a small bowl. Add cornstarch and stir. Add the mixture back into the Instant Pot. Press the sauté button and cook for a few minutes into thickened. It will also thicken more as it cools.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice or with naan. Garnish with cilantro and toasted almonds.
Today I made this fabulous recipe and was totally pleased. Yum! We will be having this one quite often.
So glad you liked it! Thanks for commenting!
This was our fabulous dinner tonight. It was simply wonderful! I did need to thicken it a bit and it worked quite well. It was served over cauliflower rice and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
I made this recipe for lunch today and it was absolutely delicious! Definitely saving it in my recipe folder to make again.
I’m so glad you liked it! It’s one of my favorites! Thanks for commenting!
I loved this dish so much last time that this time I doubled the recipe so I could have extra leftovers. All the ingredients still fit in my 6qt instant pot, and it turned out great! So delicious. My husband and I love having this curry over basmati rice.