This recipe created especially for Casa M Spice Co®
This healthy Instant Pot Caribbean Pork Bowl recipe was created especially for Casa M. Spice Co.® It is my first recipe for them and I am so excited to share it! This healthy pork bowl is super easy to make, nutritious and so delicious! Made with pork shoulder, rum, pineapple and Casa M Jerked Chain spice.
Don’t skip the Jerked Chain spice, it’s the star of the show! Serve it over shredded cabbage or rice if desired but you can certainly serve it alone. I think you’ll find it’s one of the best pressure cooker recipes for pork. It makes a lot! Perfect for a crowd or freeze it into 1 cup portions for a nice easy lunch or dinner for later!
For those of you who have never heard of Casa M Spice Co.®, their spices are fantastic! Low in sodium, high in flavor. I first was introduced to Casa M Spice Co.® by my good food blogger friend Belqui from Belquis’ Twist. She is also a Brand Ambassador for them and has created many great recipes using their unique spices.
This post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen and/or blog. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
How to make Instant Pot Caribbean Pork in pictures:
Mix up the marinade. Be sure and use Casa M Jerked Chain Spice. It’s the star of the show!
First trim off some of the fat on the pork, the easy visible parts you can trim. Then cut the pork into about 6-8 pieces. Lightly salt using kosher salt .
Place pork and marinade in a bag or dish. I like to use the vacuum sealed bags for this. Refrigerate at least 30 min up to 12 hours. You don’t want to marinate it longer or overnight as the pineapple will “cook” the pork and make it mealy.
Place the pork in a colander over a bowl. You want to save the marinade. Remove pork and transfer to paper towels. Once you pat the pork dry, you can brown it.
Spray the Instant Pot with olive oil spray or use a little oil. Press the “sauté” button and heat until hot. Add the pork in batches, browning on each side.
Remove pork and cook the onions for a few minutes to soften.
Add in the marinade, red peppers, dry black beans, water and pork. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set to sealing and pressure cook on high for 60 minutes. Allow to natural release for at least 5 minutes.
After it’s finished cooking, add in the pineapple. If you add it in before cooking, it will be too mushy.
Be sure and make the topping! It takes 2 seconds – just mix together the Jerked Chain spice and a little light sour cream, that’s it! And it really makes the dish complete!
Check Out My Other Instant Pot Recipes!
This Instant Pot Gourmet Crack Chicken is so good, you’re going to want to eat more than one serving! I’ve added my gourmet touches and lightened it up a bit using low fat (reduced) cream cheese, bacon crumbles instead of frying the bacon in the Instant Pot. Even though it’s “lightened up,” it’s still super delicious. Serve it over cauliflower rice or cold in lettuce wraps for a low carb option.
Healthy Instant Pot Caribbean Pork Bowl
- Instant Pot
- 3 lb pork shoulder, trim off visible fat, cut into about 10 pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz can of pineapple chunks with juice - use the juice for marinade
- 1/2 cup spiced rum
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 4 tbsp Casa M Jerked Chain spice see note at bottom for special discount
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cup dry black beans
- 4 cup water
- 2 red pepper, chopped finely
- cilantro for garnish
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tsp Casa M Jerked Chain spice
- In a large measuring cup or small bowl combine chicken broth, minced garlic, pineapple juice from drained pineapple, rum, brown sugar, ginger, Casa M Jerked Chain and other spices. Salt pork and place into a bag or dish, add the marinade and marinate for at least 30 minutes up to 12 hours. (Don't do it overnight, the pineapple juice will "cook" the pork).
- Remove pork from marinade using a colander and be sure to save the marinade. Dry pork with paper towel.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté. Add olive oil, brown pork chops on both sides about 3 min on each side. Remove from pan.
- Add onions, brown for just a bit until softened. You may need to add a bit of oil but don't worry if things are sticking to the pan, it will deglaze when you cook the pork in the marinade.
- Add marinade, red peppers, black beans, water and pork pieces. Make sure the beans get down into the liquid.
- Press manual or pressure cook on high for 60 minutes, after that do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Add in pineapple chunks. Serve alone in bowls or over rice if desired. Garnish with cilantro and topping if desired.
- Freeze any leftovers in 1 cup portions for a nice fast easy lunch or dinner later!
- To make an easy yummy topping which just sets the whole dish off, mix 1 teaspoon of Jerked Chain spice into 1/4 cup of light sour cream. Dollop about a tablespoon on top of each bowl before serving.