These Spicy Instant Pot Pinto Beans (no soak) were created especially for Casa M Spice Co® using their Chain Reaction Spice. (I like the uncontrolled version). They are super quick to make, high in protein. Eat them plain or use them in your favorite Mexican spiced dishes, veggies scrambles and more!
Do you need to soak the Instant Pot Pinto Beans?
No, these are no soak pinto beans. Just add the dry beans to the pot, along with the remaining ingredients – super easy! Be sure to let them natural release for at least 15 minutes after finished cooking.
Can you freeze pinto beans?
Yes! Freeze cooked pinto beans in 1 cup portions using a vacuum sealer . The beans will stay fresh 2-3 years!
Or you can freeze pinto beans in 1 cup portions right into bags and use a vacuum sealer . The cooked beans will stay fresh 2-3 years! Anytime you need beans, just pull out and reheat in the microwave.
How long will pinto beans last in the refrigerator?
You can keep cooked pinto beans for about a week in the refrigerator but if you know you won’t be using them up in that time, then go ahead and freeze them.
My Instant Pot beans aren’t done! What do I do?
Sometimes the beans aren’t done for some reason. It happens. No worries! Just put the lid back on and pressure cook them for about 10 more minutes. No need to allow them to natural release again.
How to Make Spicy Instant Pot Pinto Beans in Pictures:
Turn on Instant Pot to sauté. Place chopped bacon, onions and garlic into pot. Brown for about 5 minutes.
Serve beans with broth or strain. Garnish with a little cilantro or parsley if desired.
Spicy Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Instant Pot
- 2 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 1 yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Casa M Chain Reaction Spice – I like the uncontrolled version in this
- 2 cups dry pinto beans – washed and any stones removed
- 2 guajillo peppers, seeded and stems chopped off
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon Liquid Smoke (optional)
- cilantro or parsley for garnish (optional)
- Turn on Instant Pot to, "Sauté." Add chopped bacon, onions and garlic into pot. Brown for about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, guajillo peppers, Chain Reaction spice, kosher salt, water and Liquid Smoke (if desired).
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 55 minutes. When it's done, let pressure release naturally or at least allow it to sit 15 minutes before releasing pressure.
- Serve beans with broth or strain. Garnish with a little cilantro or parsley if desired. Beans not done? See notes at the bottom of recipe.
For more great recipes using Casa M Spice Co® Chain Reaction Spice, check these out these recipes:
Spicy Vegetarian Meatballs – These spicy vegetarian meatballs made with beans and vegetables are so good even the meat eaters will love them! Super easy to make, these tasty vegetarian meatballs are so versatile! You can serve them over zucchini noodles or pasta with a tomato based sauce, serve them alone or even turn them into unique appetizers.
Spicy Casa M Healthy Breakfast Bowl – This Spicy Skillet Casa M Healthy Breakfast Bowl is a great way to start your morning. Packed full of veggies, brown rice and a little kale, eggs and bacon it’s bound to keep you full for hours. Super quick to make and you can use any vegetable you’d like.