This easy healthy Spicy Chipotle Garlic Dressing and Dip is made with my homemade Chipotle Seasoning which is one of my best and my popular recipes. If you have the seasoning already made, the dressing/dip comes together super fast. Thin it with a little milk to make it a creamy dressing or leave it thick to use as a dip! The choice is yours! Use it over salad, vegetables, chicken, as a dip with tortilla chips or for a drizzle over tacos. Only 15 calories per tablespoon or 0 Smart Points for all plans!
Did you know?
Did you know that 1 serving (2 Tablespoons) of Kraft Ranch Dressing is 160 calories? That’s in addition to your salad ingredients. Only 2 tablespoons! Wow! This Spicy Chipotle Dressing has only 30 calories for 2 tablespoons. What a difference!
Once I started making my own healthy homemade salad dressings, I realized how much better they taste and how much better they are for you – because you control the ingredients. My weekly prep on Sunday always includes a dressing/dip of sorts. When I have absolutely no idea what to make for dinner, I can always pull together a quick salad with grilled chicken, veggies and a great dressing such as this delicious Spicy Chipotle Garlic.
Frequently Asked Questions
This healthy chipotle salad dressing is made with nonfat Greek yogurt, garlic, jalapeño and homemade chipotle seasoning .
Check out my easy recipe for homemade chipotle seasoning. Be sure to make a big batch because you’re going to love it!
Chipotle powder is made only from dried and ground chipotle chilies, whereas chile powder often contains other spices in addition to the ground chiles.
Drizzle this Chipotle dressing over my Chipotle Fish Tacos!
Use it as a condiment for Healthy Jalapeño Adobo Turkey Sliders
And here’s the spice that started it all! Homemade Chipotle Seasoning! When I make it now, I actually multiply the seasoning recipe 10 x and put it in an old large spice container from Costco. I use it that much!
Healthy Spicy Chipotle Garlic Dressing and Dip
- 1/4 - 1/2 T. homemade chipotle seasoning (I like mine spicy so I use the 1/2 T. or sometimes even 1 T. but start with less first and see how you like it).
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 1/3 c. cilantro finely chopped (optional)
- 10 oz nonfat Greek yogurt about 1 1/4 c.
- 1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- few tablespoons of 2% milk to thin it to desired consistency if you want it thin, use about 1/4 - 1/2 c.
- Finely chop the jalapeño and mince the garlic. I do these together in a food processor so that they are very fine.
- In a small nonstick skillet, spray with oil from oil mister. You can use plain or whatever you choose. I typically use a green chile olive oil that I bought from Trio Carmel but use whatever you have.
- Heat skillet on medium heat and add garlic and jalapeños.
- Sauté lightly until a little brown but do not burn the garlic.
- In a medium bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, homemade chipotle seasoning and the sautéed garlic, jalapeños and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add a few tablespoons of milk to desired consistency. If you're adding more milk to make it thinner, use a immersion blender to mix it.
- Place in an airtight container or Ball/Mason jar. Use as a dip, dressing or sauce for salads, vegetables and meat. This will keep for about a week in the refrigerator.