This Guajillo Chile Lime Vinaigrette is tangy, sweet and slightly spicy. I created it as a special healthy vinaigrette to go with my Avocado Chile Lime Bowl. It’s great on grilled vegetables and also perfect as a meat marinade. This vinaigrette recipe is healthier than other vinaigrettes as it uses less sugar and less oil.
Makes the Perfect Dressing for any Quinoa Salad
This healthy vinaigrette makes the perfect dressing for almost any quinoa salad. I love it with my Avocado Chile Lime Bowl. It is a little thinner than other vinaigrettes because it’s thinned and flavored with the chili water instead of all that oil but much healthier for you.
How to make Guajillo Chile Lime Vinaigrette in pictures:
Gather your ingredients. If you can’t find the guajillo chiles (paid link) in your grocery store or local market, you can get them online.
Cut off the stems of the chiles and shake out the seeds. Place the chiles in a pan with 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 min.
Place the chiles (save the chile water) into a food processor (paid link) or immersion blender (paid link). Add oil, 5 tablespoons of the chili water, garlic cloves, lime juice, honey and salt.
Process until smooth. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Goes perfectly with my Avocado Chile Lime Bowl!
Try my other healthy vinaigrettes!
Healthy Basil Port Wine Vinaigrette – This Healthy Basil Port Wine Vinaigrette is the perfect crown to my Summer Melon Caprese Salad. Sweet, savory and delicious! Super easy to make especially if you have an immersion blender (paid link). Be sure and use a quality port wine, pinot noir and balsamic vinegar to make the basil vinaigrette dressing. It makes a big difference!
Citrus Vinaigrette – This healthy and tangy Citrus Vinaigrette is a delicious fresh tasting vinaigrette which you can use over any greens. I like to make it in a cruet so it’s easier to shake. It keeps for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator. You can make it a creamy dressing by adding a few tablespoons of non-fat Greek Yogurt. It goes perfectly with my Chicken and Roasted Beet Salad. Just add a few tablespoons and what a delicious meal!
Guajillo Chili Lime Vinaigrette
- Food processor or immersion blender
- 3 guajillo chiles, stems cut off and deseeded
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (or use a combination of olive and avocado oil)
- 5 tablespoons water (use the water from rehydrating the chiles)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground New Mexico chili (optional)
- Cut off the stems of the chiles and shake out the seeds. Place the chilies in a pan with 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 min.
- Place the chiles (save the chile water) into a food processor. Add oil, 5 tablespoons of the chile water, garlic cloves, lime juice, honey and salt. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust salt if needed. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.