This healthy and tangy Citrus Vinaigrette is a delicious fresh tasting vinaigrette which you can use over any greens. I like to make it in a cruet so it’s easier to shake. It keeps for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator. You can make it a creamy dressing by adding a few tablespoons of non-fat Greek Yogurt. It goes perfectly with my Chicken and Roasted Beet Salad. Just add a few tablespoons and what a delicious meal!
- 1 small shallot or yellow onion (about 1/4 cup) finely chopped
- 1/2 c. quality olive oil I like the William Sonoma House Oil, or use a basil or other herb infused oil
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. Champagne vinegar
- 4 T. fresh lemon juice about 2 small lemons, or 1 big lemon
- 2 T. fresh orange juice
- 1 t. honey
- 1/2 t. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 t. fresh grated ginger
- 2 T. non-fat greek yogurt optional, if you like it more creamy, add it in
- 1/2 t. Kosher salt
- 1 t. fresh thyme finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- If you have an immersion blender this is perfect for this recipe. In a small bowl or jar, combine all ingredients with an immersion blender or place in jar and shake. Taste and add more salt if needed. Keeps in refrigerator for about 4 days.