This healthy and tangy Citrus Vinaigrette is a delicious fresh tasting vinaigrette which you can use over any greens. I like to make it in a cruet so it’s easier to shake. It keeps for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator. You can make it a creamy dressing by adding a few tablespoons of non-fat Greek Yogurt. It goes perfectly with my Chicken and Roasted Beet Salad. Just add a few tablespoons and what a delicious meal!
This is a slightly tangy and fresh tasting citrus vinaigrette. It's great over my Chicken and Roasted Beet Salad as well as over any greens. If you like it more creamy, add the yogurt, but it's great without too!
Weight Watchers Points: 1 Smart Point per tablespoon
- 1 small shallot or yellow onion (about 1/4 cup) finely chopped
- 1/2 c. quality olive oil I like the William Sonoma House Oil, or use a basil or other herb infused oil
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. Champagne vinegar
- 4 T. fresh lemon juice about 2 small lemons, or 1 big lemon
- 2 T. fresh orange juice
- 1 t. honey
- 1/2 t. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 t. fresh grated ginger
- 2 T. non-fat greek yogurt optional, if you like it more creamy, add it in
- 1/2 t. Kosher salt
- 1 t. fresh thyme finely chopped
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- If you have an immersion blender this is perfect for this recipe. In a small bowl or jar, combine all ingredients with an immersion blender or place in jar and shake. Taste and add more salt if needed. Keeps in refrigerator for about 4 days.
Serving: 1TCalories: 32kcalCarbohydrates: 0.5gProtein: 0.1gFat: 3.5gSaturated Fat: 0.5gSodium: 36.7mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 0.3gVitamin A: 0.1IUVitamin C: 0.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I like your blog and it was nice meeting you this weekend!
Thanks MaryJo! It was so nice to meet you and your husband. I definitely want to keep in touch. We should meet up sometime as my parents are in Venice, Florida. Have a great road trip!