This Spicy Skillet Casa M Healthy Breakfast Bowl is a great way to start your morning. Packed full of veggies, brown rice and a little kale, eggs and bacon it’s bound to keep you full for hours. Super quick to make and you can use any vegetable you’d like, just don’t skip the Chain Reaction Spice from Casa M Spice Co®! You could also use this as a side dish as well!
Kale for breakfast?
Even if you’re not a big kale fan, you’ll love it in this healthy breakfast bowl recipe. Kale is packed full of vitamins A, K, B6 and C, calcium, potassium, copper and manganese. One cup of raw kale has just 33 calories and only 7 grams of carbohydrate. It’s a very diabetes-friendly/weight-friendly vegetable. And this recipe is a great way to “sneak” it in if you’re not really a kale fan. Put in as much as you would like, I typically use about 1 cup finely shredded kale.
How to make Spicy Skillet Casa M Healthy Breakfast Bowl in pictures:
Gather the ingredients. Don’t forget the Chain Reaction Spice from Casa M Spice Co®. Feel free to add more vegetables.
Chop the sweet potatoes and place in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with a wet paper towel. Microwave for 2 minutes.
Combine the partially cooked sweet potatoes and remaining vegetables (except kale) and bacon into a nonstick skillet . Cook until bacon is done.
Add kale, cooked brown rice, beaten eggs and Chain Reaction spice. If you like it spicier, add a bit more. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Top with a little cheese and serve hot!
Super easy breakfast! I love a good healthy breakfast bowl in the morning! Feel free to add additional vegetables. I actually don’t make it with egg for myself so I can eat the leftovers later. (I’m not a big fan of eggs leftover). The leftovers are also good in a tortilla wrap for lunch or dinner!
Spicy Skillet Casa M Healthy Breakfast Bowl
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup dinosaur kale, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 slices center cut bacon, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-3 teaspoons Chain Reaction Spice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Gather ingredients and chop all vegetables.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, add chopped sweet potatoes. Cover with wet paper towel. (This is important as there is iron in the sweet potatoes and sometimes it can spark). Microwave for 2 minutes.
- In a large non stick skillet, add onion, mushrooms, partially cooked sweet potatoes, red pepper, yellow pepper, chopped bacon, and garlic. Cook until bacon is fully cooked.
- Add Chain Reaction spice, cooked rice, beaten eggs and kale. Cook for just a few minutes until rice is heated and eggs are done. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve hot!
Other Healthy Breakfast Recipes
These are great to make and keep in your freezer. When you need a quick breakfast, take one out and microwave until hot. Breakfast in 1 1/2 minutes!
Here’s another one of my favorite breakfast scrambles – Sweet Potato Veggie Scramble