These healthy Thai Chicken Wraps can also be made with grilled or cooked chicken as well as from leftovers from my Kalua Pig recipe. Super easy to make but be sure you make the homemade hoisin sauce to put inside of them. The sauce is the, “Wow,” factor in these wraps and makes them go from ordinary Thai chicken wraps to out of this world delicious!
This recipe has been updated. The original post was published September 14, 2017.
Great wraps to take on a trip!
These Thai Wraps are great and hold up well for traveling if you put them in a cold lunch pack . I often take them on the airplane with me. As long as your ice packs are totally solid when you go through security, bringing perishable food is no problem. It’s best to make your own tortillas (see my recipe) instead of the store bought ones if you are making them a day or two ahead. Otherwise the tortillas break down and become soggy.
Thai Chicken/Pork Wrap
- 10 to rtillas see my note at the bottom of recipe my tortilla recipe
- 12 oz left over grilled chicken turkey or pork (such as Kalua Pig)
- 3 1/2 c. cabbage shredded
- 1 c. carrots shredded
- 5 green onions chopped
- 5 T. cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 -1 jalapeno finely chopped (optional, use the amount you like)
- 8 T. hoisin sauce divided 3 T. for filling and the rest to spread on each tortilla
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, turkey or pork, cabbage, carrots, green onions, cilantro, jalapeno and 2 T. hoisin sauce. Mix well.
- Place a tortilla on a cutting board, spread 1/2 T. hoisin sauce over the entire tortilla.
- Place 1/2 c. filling near the bottom of tortilla and roll up tortilla.
- Use a toothpick if necessary to fasten tortilla.
- Cut into 2 pieces if desired. Do this for the remaining tortillas.