These Mini Chicken Basil Parmesan Pita Appetizers are the first recipe in my wine concert picnic series. I belong to Chateau St. Michelle in Woodinville, Washington. Every summer they put on concerts behind the winery. It’s one of my favorite summertime activities. I make various appetizers and pack them away in my picnic basket and cooler. We spread a blanket on the grass, set up our short beach chairs and table, pour our glasses of wine and the party begins! It’s so much fun listening to the concert, drinking wine and eating our picnic food. After I joined Weight Watchers, I realized I needed to make more healthy appetizers as cheese and crackers add up too quickly. These appetizers are healthy, portable, easy to eat and perfect for a wine concert!
Mini Chicken Basil Parmesan Pita Appetizers
- 8 oz chopped grilled or cooked chicken breasts
- 1-2 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 c. green onions chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 c. loosely packed fresh spinach finely chopped
- 1 c. grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese about 3/4 c.
- 4 T. light mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 t. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 10 mini pitas cut in half try to find ones 1 point each- I use Bakestone Brothers 3 inch Mini Whole Wheat Pita Bread
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except pitas.
- Place 2 T. of filling in half of a mini pita, or use more tablespoons for large pitas or tortillas (adjust points accordingly).
- Serve immediately or if eating a bit later, place a damp paper towel (wrung out very well) over the pitas. Cover with plastic wrap. Keeps a few days in refrigerator.