This recipe created especially for Casa M Spice Co®
Made with fresh ingredients and Casa M Spice Pecking Order, this easy stuffed mushroom recipe makes the perfect healthy appetizer for the holidays. Or you can eat a few of them for a main meal with a salad or use them as a unique side dish! Super easy! Chop, sauté, stuff and bake!
This post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen and/or blog. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
Why use Casa M Spice Pecking Order?
Casa M Spice Pecking Order is the perfect combination of spices. It’s all done for you! I absolutely adore their spices! Especially the Chain Reaction one. Plus by simply replacing your salt shaker on your table with Pecking Order or any of their spices, you reduce your sodium intake by 80% with no perceivable loss in flavor.
Ideas for healthy stuffed mushrooms
These healthy stuffed mushrooms do not contain cream cheese or bread crumbs like many of the other stuffed mushroom recipes do. I’ve cut calories by using less butter as well. If you’re vegetarian, you can easily make this a vegetarian stuffed mushroom recipe by omitting the bacon.
Can you make this baked stuffed mushroom recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the filling and stuff the mushrooms ahead of time and bake them when you’re ready! Don’t stuff them more than a few days ahead though. In addition they actually taste pretty well reheated although I do prefer to serve them fresh out of the oven.
Healthy Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers in Pictures:
Clean and prepare your mushrooms. Wipe off the excess dirt with a damp paper towel. Then pop off the stems. Finely chop the stems for later and be sure and save them, they are part of the filling.
Add the wine to the caramelized onions and cook for a few minutes before stirring in the chopped stems. Cook for a few minutes.
Add in the Casa M Spice Co® Pecking Order spice, pepper, salt, fresh herbs and bacon.
Add in the light sour cream and the parmesan cheese. Heat for a few minutes until creamy and everything is well mixed.
Stuff each mushroom with the filling. Use a tiny spoon for best results. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese and finely chopped leeks if desired.
Healthy Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers
- 1 lb mushrooms choose the same size, use small for appetizers
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon Pecking Order Spice see notes for special coupon code
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons bacon crumbles
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 bunch leeks, for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Clean and prepare the mushrooms. Wipe off the excess dirt with a damp paper towel. Then pop off the stems. Finely chop the stems for later and be sure and save them, they are part of the filling.
- Chop onions and place in a nonstick skillet with the garlic and 1 tablespoon of butter. By using the nonstick skillet, you don't need to use too much butter but you still get all the flavor. Sauté until onions are brown and caramelized.
- Add the wine to the caramelized onions and cook for a few minutes before stirring in the chopped stems. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the Casa M Spice Co® Pecking Order spice, pepper, salt, fresh herbs and bacon.
- Add in the light sour cream and the parmesan cheese. Heat for a few minutes until creamy and everything is mixed in well.
- Stuff each mushroom with the filling. Use a tiny spoon for best results.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes. Top with extra parmesan and chopped leeks if desired.