Looking for a low calorie/point chip to dip? Try these crispy wonton chips! These chips are super simple to make in your air fryer or oven and take only minutes to make! Delicious, salty low calorie/points make the perfect dipper for my Tomato Bacon Jam recipe or my Tomato Ricotta Jam Jar Appetizer.
Nutritional comparison between these chips and Mission tortilla strips
These chips are about 64 calories for 1 egg roll wrapper. If you cut the wrapper into 8 pieces, then about 64 calories for 8 chips. Compare this to 140 calories for Mission tortilla strips which are similar in size. As far as carbs go, these wonton chips are 12 grams vs 17 grams. Fat content is much lower as well- .4 grams of fat for the wonton chips vs 7 grams in the tortilla chips. This definitely is a great lower calorie, lower point, lower fat, lower carb option!
Change the seasonings for different flavors!
Perfect appetizer for the holidays, parties and get-togethers!
Because they take so little time, these chips are the perfect snack to bring to parties. Plus you will have your own low calorie/low point dipper to use for yourself!
How to make Healthy Crispy Wonton Chips in pictures:
First preheat your air fryer/oven to 350°. I have a Breville Smart Oven Air but any fryer or oven will work fine. Directions for oven down below in recipe.
Next, cut your egg roll wrappers into 8 pieces.
Spray air fryer basket with olive oil from your olive oil sprayer or use any flavored oil you’d like. Sesame is really good as well as basil.
Arrange egg roll strips in basket. Spray with oil spray (only one side.) Then sprinkle with kosher salt , freshly ground pepper or other seasonings you would like. Also you can add a pinch of grated parmesan if you wish.
Air fry 4-5 minutes or until brown. Allow to cool before eating. They crisp up as they cool. Serve in an airtight container.
Crispy Wonton Chips
- 4 egg roll wrappers (or use wonton wrappers) cut each egg roll wrapper into 8 pieces-or use however many you want
- olive oil or any flavored oil dispensed from an oil sprayer or brush olive oil on very lightly-spray is better
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- and/or seasonings of your choice
- 1 t. grated parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat air fryer to 350°(or see notes for oven directions).
- Spray air fryer basket lightly with olive oil spray.
- On the air fryer basket (or baking sheet with parchment), arrange strips of egg roll wrappers.
- Spray lightly with olive oil spray (only one side).
- Sprinkle, salt, pepper, parmesan and any seasonings you would like.
- Air fry for about 4-5 minutes. Allow to cool. They crisp up as they cool. Store in airtight bag or container for about 3-4 days.