These crispy air fried Reuben Egg Rolls make an amazing appetizer or even a light dinner. Serve them with my Healthy Thousand Island Dressing or a dab of course mustard. Easy to make and perfect to take to a Superbowl Party or St. Patrick’s Day party! You can “fry,” them in your air fryer or even bake them in your oven.
Inspiration for these delicious air fried egg rolls
I first had a version of these egg rolls about 15 years ago at one of my favorite restaurants in Carmel, California called, “The Forge.” Back then it was called, “The Forge in the Forest.” Of course their version is less healthy as they are deep fried and have more cheese. But my version is still delicious and definitely a little healthier for you.
My previous egg roll recipe
If you’re looking for the unhealthy version, I originally created this recipe back when I had my tea room. My original the recipe is in my book, “Amy’s Favorite Recipes.” It’s very similar but I’ve since lightened up the way I cook and this new recipe uses the air fryer (or you can bake them in your oven).
Can you make them up ahead of time?
You can make these up a day ahead but for this particular filling, I don’t suggest doing it much earlier. For some reason the red cabbage starts to break down the egg roll wrapper. You can have the filling all ready to go though and rolling them is pretty fast and easy.
How to roll Air Fried Reuben Egg Rolls in pictures:
Combine filling ingredients. Place 1/4 c. filling on an egg roll wrapper.
Fold up bottom point.
Fold in the sides of the egg roll. (Yours will probably look a little neater, these are made with homemade wrappers which stretch).
Place a dab of water on the point and finish rolling up the Reuben Egg Roll.
Finished Reuben Egg Roll.
Spray with oil from olive oil sprayer and place on air fryer basket and air fry or bake in oven. See recipe for specific instructions.
Be sure and check out my other easy egg roll recipes:
Air Fryer Chicken Tapenade Egg Rolls
This recipe includes more pictures of how to roll the egg rolls.
Crispy Air Fried/Baked Chicken Egg Rolls
Delicious healthy chicken egg rolls.
Crispy Air Fried Reuben Egg Rolls
- 1 lb. corned beef get in the deli section or cook your own and trim the fat
- 2 c. red cabbage shredded
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 c. swiss cheese
- 1 pkg egg roll wrappers these are the bigger ones about 6 1/2 inches or so square-about 20 in a pack
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- olive oil from oil sprayer
- Healthy Thousand Island Dressing optional
- Preheat air fryer to 425° or oven to 350°. I have a Breville Smart Oven Air so keep in mind the temperature and time may be different for different air fryers.
- Prepare the air fryer basket by spraying with oil from your olive oil sprayer or line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine corned beef, cabbage, garlic, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- On a flat surface such as a cutting board, arrange one egg roll wrapper so that one of the points is pointing towards you. Place about 1/4 c. of filling on the wrapper toward the bottom point. (For more pictures on how to roll egg rolls, check out my recipe Air Fryer Chicken Tapenade Egg Rolls. Starting at the bottom point, start to roll up the egg roll toward the top of the cutting board. As you roll, fold in each side. When almost finished rolling, dip your finger into a dish of water and run your finger along the top of the wrapper. Finish rolling up the egg roll. Place a dot of water on the outside of the wrapper so that the point will stay sealed.
- Place the egg roll on the air fryer basket (or baking sheet) and spray lightly with olive oil. Turn egg roll over and spray the other side. Roll and spray the rest of the egg rolls.
- Bake in preheated air fryer or oven for about 6-8 minutes, then turn and bake another 6-8 minutes or until brown. (Remember all ovens and air fryers are different so you may need to play with the times a bit.)
- Serve with Healthy Thousand Island Dressing or coarse mustard or both!