This Cilantro Chicken Black Bean Wrap with Lime Cream recipe is adapted from one of my tea room recipes, Cilantro and Black Bean Salad. This was such a popular salad at my former tea room, Afternoon to Remember in Newcastle, California. The original salad recipe you can find in my afternoon tea cookbook, Twelve Teas to Remember. Unfortunately it wasn’t a very point friendly salad with the mayonnaise and oil in the dressing thus the reason I decided to update it into a healthy wrap. It can be made easily vegetarian if you leave out the chicken. You can also serve the filling over salad instead of a tortilla if you do not want the carbs. It does make quite a bit, but since it keeps in the refrigerator for a few days, it makes the perfect lunch-hot or cold.
Cilantro Chicken Black Bean Wrap with Lime Cream
- 8 oz of cooked chicken breasts can be grilled, cooked in Instant Pot etc.
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained well
- 1 small can green chilies drained well (optional)
- 1 cup tomato diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 c. corn
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 T. Chipotle seasoning
- 2 T. cilantro chopped
- 1/2 -1 jalapeno finely diced
- 1 c. fresh spinach leaves or greens washed
- 4 T. pumpkin seed kernels if you're making this ahead of time, just skip them, as they won't be crunchy
- 8 medium sized homemade tortillas or use store-bought tortillas which are 3 points each
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 1 T. light mayo
- 2 T. cilantro finely chopped
- 3 T. non-fat Greek yogurt plain
- black pepper to taste
- salt if needed to taste
- Or you could use my Chipotle Cilantro Dressing instead
- In a medium bowl combine chicken, black beans, green chilies, tomato, red pepper, corn, garlic, onion, salt and pepper, seasoning, cilantro, and jalapeno. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for Lime Cream. Set aside.
- If serving wraps hot, place filling in a saucepan and heat until hot, or microwave until hot.
- Place a tortilla on a cutting board, layer a few leaves of spinach or greens on tortilla.
- Place about 3/4 c. filling on top of spinach or greens.
- Top with about 1/2 T. of dressing and 1/2 T. pumpkin kernels and roll up tortilla.
- Secure with toothpicks if desired, or if making ahead, wrap tortilla with sandwich wrap to keep secure.
- Do this for the remaining tortillas.