These are super easy and quick to make. Great with rock fish, tilapia and other white fish. Serve with my Mango Salsa and Jalapeño Cream. I like to use BBQ grill mats with my little gas grill. The fish doesn’t stick and it makes clean up a breeze!
This post does contain affiliate links which means that if you click on them and/or buy something I may earn a small commission -at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the things I actually use in my kitchen. By clicking and buying these items, you help keep my recipe blog running. Thank you!
Chipotle Fish Tacos
- 2 pounds of rock fish or any white fish such as Tilapia, etc
- olive oil spray I like to use my Olive Oil Sprayer
- 1-2 T.Chipotle seasoning
- 1-2 limes
- kosher salt
- Tortillas if you use my small tortillas, they are 2 points each, large 4 points each
- Optional ingredients Smart points not included
- Mango Salsa optional, 0 points
- Jalapeño Cream or light sour cream optional, if you use less than a tablespoon, 0 smart points
- To Die For Guacamole optional, 1 Smart Point per Tablespoon
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Line grill with BBQ mat.
- A few minutes and up to 30 min before cooking, sprinkle both sides of fish with kosher salt.
- Squeeze lime over fish (both sides). Sprinkle, then rub in Chipotle Seasoning over each piece of fish (both sides).
- I like to use the bbq grill mats on my grill especially for this fish otherwise the fish will stick to the grill. I spray the mat with olive oil spray first then grill over med high heat for about 3-5 minutes. Carefully flip and grill the other side just a minute or so until fish is flakey. Be careful not to overcook.
- Serve alone, in tacos or over salad.